Metals recycling is an increasingly significant contributor to environmental and manufacturing health in the UK. Local spaces are protected from discarded debris, a huge workforce is kept in employment and energy is routinely saved through the support of the UK metals recycling industry.
For these reasons we’ve assembled the following guide - utilising our industry expertise - on everything to do with metal recycling.
Researchers at the University of Edinburgh believe they’ve discovered a method for retrieving gold from electrical waste such as computers, televisions and older mobile phones.
Gold plays a key role in the construction of printed circuit boards found in these electrical devices, with as much as seven per cent of the world’s gold believed to be found inside them.
If you’ve had a look around the ASM Metal Recycling website, you’ll probably have noticed that we’re certified by the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS). It’s also quite likely that you won’t be sure what that is.
Today, then, we’re going to take a look at what the CHAS is and why it’s important.
It’s no secret that metal recycling has a few hazards. Things like aerosols can misbehave quite severely if not treated with the proper respect they deserve.
However, did you realise that in some cases, metal recycling can even be impacted by radioactive materials? This is especially the case within older items, which can sometimes be found in older homes.
According to new information released by the Environment Agency, the amount of steel packaging recycled in the second half of this year has spiked substantially, with the majority of other recycling materials also set to reach their recycling obligation targets.
The figures give an indication of how much waste was recycled and exported between April and June this year and also offers a perspective on how well the industry is likely to perform for the rest of the year.
- Why is the price of palladium so high?
- Will Brexit Affect Scrap Metal Prices… Might Prices Go Up?
- All about aluminium recycling
- Guide to tyre recycling UK
- Can lead be recycled?
- WEEE Recycling Guide
- The World of Metal Recycling: The Facts
- Scrap metal for cash: the law
- Why is it better to recycle copper?
- How is the UK scrap metal industry today?
- What is a metal scrap yard?
- What is commercial waste?
- 4 top tips for businesses undergoing a site clearance
- How to classify the different types of waste your business produces
- Understanding Grades of Copper Scrap