At ASM Metal Recycling, aluminium recycling is one of our most popular services. Thousands of tonnes of this unique metal pass through our doors each year. If you want to earn money by recycling your aluminium, or find an aluminium scrap price, then give us a call today.
Why recycle aluminium with ASM?
Aluminium recycling is tremendously effective and beneficial to the environment. It’s estimated that 90 million tonnes of CO2 are saved each year as a result of re-used aluminium.
It also requires 95% less energy to recycle aluminium than it does to produce the metal from scratch, that’s a tremendous saving and one which can have a significant impact on the wider environment.
Unlike some other metals, aluminium doesn’t wear away in its lifetime. This means it can be continually recycled, potentially infinitely. Around 75% of the one billion tonnes of aluminium produced in history is still being used in the world, much of it having been recycled many, many times over.
ASM works to get you the best price possible
At our recycling centres, we always offer our customers the most up-to-date prices for aluminium as scrap metal prices change on a daily basis. So, when you give our experienced and friendly team a call, you can be sure you’re getting the best possible price for your scrap metals. We look at current supply and demand, the type and grade of scrap metals, plus we have been specialising in scrap metal recycling for over 55 years.
ASM has an eco-friendly approach
ASM takes a green approach to its recycling process. We’re fully accredited with the ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards and are fully licensed by The Environment Agency. We are an approved CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) provider and all our sites are registered and 100% compliant with the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013.
ASM is efficient
We only use the latest processing technology at our recycling sites, working to improve the safety and efficiency of recycling all scrap metals and vehicles.
Even something as small as a recycled drink can:
- Generates enough energy to run a TV for up to three hours
- Avoids the equivalent of a 1-mile car journey in CO2 emissions
- Could be back on the shelf of a supermarket, ready to use, within 60 days of the date of recycling
Aluminium can be found in alloy wheels, so if you have alloys you would like to recycle, come to ASM.
How is aluminium recycled?
Our aluminium recycling process takes place over a few steps, but with efficiency and safety at its core:
- Cans, tins, or car parts are collected and taken to a treatment plant
- They are sorted and cleaned
- Items are melted down into molten aluminium, which removes any remaining coatings and inks
- The molten aluminium is set into large blocks called ingots, each of which could contain up to 1.6 million drink cans
- The ingots are sent to mills, where they get rolled out in order to give the aluminium flexibility and strength
- Rolled-out aluminium is then made into cans, ready meal packaging, chocolate wrapping and a whole host of other products…
…And then the whole process starts again!
Get in touch today
Give ASM Metal Recycling a call to get the best aluminium scrap prices. We always offer our customers the most up-to-date prices and can use our expertise and experience to help you. Find your local depot here, or check out our scrap metal collection services.