The COVID-19 global pandemic is taking a toll on the businesses in the scrap sector and affecting prices and the delivery of scrap metal. Because many people in construction industries have been furloughed, and many scrap yards are shut down for the time being, market growth has been affected.
Initially, European metal markets didn’t seem to be impacted by coronavirus, only business with China was disrupted. However, everything changed as European governments took measures to protect their population from the virus, closing many construction-related industries and halting shipments of scrap metal amongst other commodities.
The price of this precious metal can fluctuate and is a factor in the theft of catalytic converters due to its resale price. In this article we look at why the price of palladium is high and its numerous uses.
With the UK now set to leave the European Union by 31st January 2020, questions are increasingly being asked in the scrap metal industry as to what the impact of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal will have on scrap metal prices.
Selling your scrap metal for recycling can be a handy little earner, particularly if you’ve recently cleared out your home or workplace and discovered a large volume of waste metals that could be reused to ease the burden on the wider environment.
The aluminium recycling industry is increasingly important to the UK’s economy in terms of manufacturing, protecting the environment, and more. Read on for more detail in this special ASM Metal Recycling guide to aluminium, covering everything you need to know on the subject.
The importance of tyres to your daily life can easily be overlooked, even though they’re vital in getting your vehicle from A to B – whether it’s the early morning commute to the train station or a quick dash to the supermarket. You’d be forgiven for not having a second thought for your old tyres when they’re replaced.
Previous 5 entries | Page 1 of 8 | Next 5 entries
- How has coronavirus impacted the scrap metal market?
- Why is the price of palladium so high?
- Will Brexit Affect Scrap Metal Prices… Might Prices Go Up?
- All about aluminium recycling
- Guide to tyre recycling UK
- Can lead be recycled?
- WEEE Recycling Guide
- The World of Metal Recycling: The Facts
- Scrap metal for cash: the law
- Why is it better to recycle copper?
- How is the UK scrap metal industry today?
- What is a metal scrap yard?
- What is commercial waste?
- 4 top tips for businesses undergoing a site clearance
- How to classify the different types of waste your business produces